8.11.2008

This week - options expiration - XLE and MOO (UPDATE)

Just to name a few extreme OI...

POT AUG OI 180's (2k vs 9k)
XLE AUG OI 74's (15k vs 145k)

If I were short, I would cover here...

tb

UPDATE (8/13/2008):

I still see hits on my blog..thats good...my posting has slowed down a bit for me, due to work.. But the good news is, when I think a post is worth mentioning, I will post it, so keep checking back!

By the way, I love it when a plan comes together(sold some POT calls today), and all the while, I have not been studying the daily moves in the market.. I really don't know what the headlines have been lately..Or what the traders are saying.. Why did XLE rally today? I dont know, but I posted some lopsided options activity on Monday.. and I posted that around 69-70 was the bottom...So, for me, its no surprise that we bounced nicely..It was the perfect storm...

Personally, its amazing what perspective you can have on the market when you step away from it... Try it sometime... If you have been wrong trade after trade, step away for a while..Dont paper trade, dont read or watch anything related to the market..Seriously! It's healthy to get away once in a while! :)