3.31.2010

The good, the bad, and the ugly...

I want to take a minute to pause and reflect on this past year... I have posted some fantastic trades, and some, well, not so fantastic...so, below is my personal scorecard...

In feb, 2009 I suggested a bottom in BAC. Because the bottom was 2 weeks later on March 1st, 2009, I give myself an "A" grade.

In March, 2009, I suggest looking into the Solar Index. In the past year, that WAS the bottom at $6. I give myself an "A" grade.

In April, 2009, I suggested taking quick profits in Retail. We know that sector has been on a run like no other for the past 12 months. Grade "D-".

In May, 2009, I saw a bottom forming in UNG. Well, if you have looked at UNG at all in the past 6 months, you will know the story. UNG was a widow maker. I give myself an "F" grade.

In September, 2009, I saw the LVS volume up more than normal, in addition to a bearish chart pattern formation, so I suggested taking profits. Today, months later, the price pattern has been flat, taking profits was the prudent thing to do. I give myself a "B" grade.

And finally, in December 2008, I posted a bottoming chart pattern in BIDU. The stock has been on an amazing run. If you held it this past year, you are up over 700%. That an "A+" grade.

tb

No comments: